The Tour de Franklin Charity Bike Ride consists of seven different rides throughout the day, including the 62-mile, 40-mile, 25-mile, 10-mile, 1-to-5-mile walk or ride, and a 5-mile and 10-mile ride along Somerset’s scenic canal. Breakfast, lunch and break stops are provided, and all participants who register before April 7 are guaranteed a t-shirt. Silver Riders who raise over $150 and Gold Riders who raise over $300 also receive a special shirt, and Titanium Riders who raise $1,000 receive special bike shirts.
The Tour de Franklin is the Franklin Food Bank’s largest fundraising event, and over 775 riders participated in 2016 to raise over $78,000. The financial support is greatly needed – In 2016 the Food Bank provided almost 10,000 food packages to the community. To learn more about the Franklin Food Bank and the Tour de Franklin, please go to http://www.franklinfoodbank.org or the Tour de Franklin on Facebook.
- Location: Franklin High School, 500 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ 08873
- Date: April 30, 2017
- Website: http://franklinfoodbank.org/28th-annual-tour-de-franklin/
- Contact: Lisa Frey, 908-507-9004 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 40 MILE TOUR DE FRANKLIN: 40.4 mi, 1,441 ft elevation
- 62 MILE TOUR DE FRANKLIN 62.4 mi, 1,653 ft elevation
- METRIC CENTURY 63.0 mi, 1,995 ft elevation