The Vermont Gran Fondo is a non-competitive ride through Vermont’s Green Mountains.This ride will test your fitness with its challenging climbs. There are amazing views at the top each gap—savor them for a moment before you speed downhill.
2019 location: Bristol Recreation Club, 110 Airport Drive Bristol, VT
- The Gran, Medio Difficile, Medio Facile & Piccolo routes will cover small stretches of iconic Vermont dirt roads (approximately 10%). Dirt surfaces are hard-packed and easily navigable.
- Gran Fondo: 108 miles, 11,400′ of climbing over Appalachian Gap (west to east), Lincoln Gap (east to west), Appalachian Gap…yes twice(west to east), Middlebury Gap (east to west).
- Medio Difficile: 66 miles, 6,900′ of climbing (Appalachian Gap & Lincoln Gap) – Don’t be fooled, this is harder than the Facile!
- Medio Facile: 77 miles, 7,000′ of climbing (Appalachian Gap & Middlebury Gap) 11 miles more but, no Lincoln Gap!
- Piccolo Fondo: 37 miles, 2,600′ of climbing. (no gaps but, still some climbing)