The Tour de Franklin Charity Bike Ride is a Spring tradition is Somerset where avid cyclists, the Franklin community and sponsors come together to raise money for the Franklin Food Bank.
The Tour is the Franklin Food Bank’s largest annual fundraiser, and the day consists of 7 events including the 62-mile, 40-mile, 25-mile, 10-mile, 1-to-5-mile walk or ride, a 5-mile and 10-mile ride along Somerset’s scenic canal. 600 to 800 people participate each year, from seasoned cyclists to families cycling or walking together.
All routes are on-road through scenic Somerset. Breakfast, lunch and break stops are provided, and all participants who register before April 1 are guaranteed a t-shirt. Riders who raise $150 or $300 receive special t-shirts, and riders who raise $1,000 receive special cycling jerseys. The financial support is greatly needed – The Food Bank helped feed 1800 families in 2018 and receives almost no government funding.
To learn more about the Franklin Food Bank and the Tour de Franklin, please go to the Franklin Food Bank Event page, or the Tour de Franklin on Facebook.
Date: April 26, 2019
To learn more about the Franklin Food Bank and the Tour de Franklin, please go to http://www.franklinfoodbank.org or the Tour de Franklin on Facebook.
- Location: Franklin High School, 500 Elizabeth Ave, Somerset, NJ 08873
- Website: http://franklinfoodbank.org
- Contact: Lisa Frey, 908-507-9004 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 40 MILE TOUR DE FRANKLIN: 40.4 mi, 1,441 ft elevation
- 62 MILE TOUR DE FRANKLIN 62.4 mi, 1,653 ft elevation
- METRIC CENTURY 63.0 mi, 1,995 ft elevation