The 5th annual Tour de Slate Bike Ride, August 6, 2022.
This is a fundraising event where all the net proceeds go to Teen Challenge Vermont.
Why are we holding this event? Vermont has one of the highest illicit drug usage rates in the nation. Almost everyone knows of someone, a neighbor, a co-worker, a friend, whose family has been impacted by this epidemic. According to some surveys, Teen Challenge is the most successful drug and alcohol abuse recovery program in the nation. It is totally funded by private donations and other fundraising events. No one is turned away due to lack of funds. Teen Challenge’s 3-pronged approach includes prevention programs in schools, the men’s resident program, and the newly opened women’s resident program.
The ‘Tour de Slate’ is aptly named as it tours the world-renowned Slate Valley of western Vermont and bordering NY state.
This year there are 5 routes:
- A metric century – for avid road cyclists
- A 40 mile Groad ride (partial gravel, partial paved)
- A 36 mile road ride
- A 25 mile road ride
- A rail/trails ride (family-friendly)
For more information visit: http://www.tourdeslate.org
- Benefiting Teen challenge, VT (All net proceeds will be donated to that organization.)
- View rides and routes at RideWithGPS
- Site: http://www.tourdeslate.org
- Date: August 6, 2022