Old Erie Canal State Historic Park is a 36 mile linear park that utilizes the Erie Canal’s towpath. When the Barge Canal was completed in 1918 , this stretch of the Erie Canal between DeWitt and New London was retained as a feeder to the Barge Canal. The woodland and wetland terrain area available for hiking,horseback riding, bicycling, canoeing, fishing, and snowmobiling. Footbridges in some areas aid access to the canal towpath.
(for the full sized version of this map, click on the map above)