White Mountains to the Sea, August 20-25, 2017
This tour combines two days of riding in the White Mountains – with some serious climbing but also grand vistas, two days of easier riding in southwest Maine, and a free day in the great and lively city of Portland – with three day-ride options for those who don’t want to get off of their bikes. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the Arts District (nee downtown), as well as the “happening” Old Port area – with a multitude of diversions
The $710 tour fee includes five nights lodging (double occupancy), four quality lunches, 1/2 breakfast, quality maps and cue sheets (paper and RWGPS), and sag support.
- Monday: ride over Franconia Notch and the Kancamangus Pass en route to North Conway.
- Tuesday idyllic riding on NH 153, before passing through Freedom and turning east for Limerick, Maine.
- Wednesday: include a “smell the roses” Cape Elizabeth lighthouse loop, the Bailey Island “mail boat” cruise and ride, and loops of varying distances NNE from Portland – with a two ferry option via Chebeague Island on the return.
- Thursday: a more northerly route through Cornish and Fryeburg to return to North Conway.
- Friday: climb Crawford Notch for Twin Mountain, Bethlehem and points west.
Medium and Long routes are offered daily – usually ~65-80 miles. This is a Rogue Riders Bike Club trip, designed for club cyclists. Maximum of 19 riders. Contact for full info – Leader: Charles Hansen Email: email@example.com